UHF/L-Band Airborne Blade Antenna
225 to 450 MHz & 960 to 1220 MHz
The 21-50-16 is a high performance combined UHF/L-band airborne blade antenna suitable for fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
Construction is from a one piece glass loaded thermoplastic blade molding intimately bonded onto an aluminum alloy base plate which provides RF grounding and attachment to airframe via 6 mounting holes drilled to the same pattern as the AT-256 UHF antenna.
Integral radiating elements are shaped in such a way as to produce minimum VSWR in both UHF and L-band and also to optimize radiation pattern at L-band where the antenna would otherwise be electrically too long.
The antenna assembly is sealed by closed cell foam and normally finished in lusterless grey urethane paint. The 21-50-16 can be used with CAL diplexer P/N 21-80-16.
- Covers EPLRS/UHF Com and TACAN/IFF Bands
- High Isolation provided by external diplexer
- High Strength, Lightweight Composite Blade
- Low Side Area, Low Drag
- Single ‘N’ Type Connector
- Drop-on replacement for AT-256, NSN’s 5985-01-418-6105 and 5985-01-331-8710
- Environmental Performance to MIL-STD-810
UHF : 225 to 450 MHz
L-Band : 960 to 1220 MHz
UHF : ≥ +2 dBi
L-Band : ≥ +1 dBi
225-240 MHz ≤ 2.5:1
240-450 MHz ≤ 2.25:1
960-1220 MHz ≤ 1.8:1
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
UHF : 50 Watts CW
L-Band : 100 Watts CW 2KW Peak
|Radiation Pattern||Omni directional in azimuth|
|Antenna RF Connector||N Female|
|Antenna Shell Type||Glass loaded thermoplastic molded blade|
|Weight||9 inches (228mm)|
|Side Loading||≥ 6 psi ultimate|
|Base Plate Shape||Diamond shape|
|Fixing Holes||6 x Ø 0.205inch (5.2mm) holes, counter bored Ø 0.39 inches (9.9mm)|
- Urethane Lusterless Grey
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.