Dual Band VHF/UHF Airborne Blade Antenna
116-174 and 225-512 MHz
The 21-50-27-1 is a vertically polarized, omni-directional antenna, compatible with airborne radios operating within the 116 to 174 and 225 to 512 MHz frequency ranges. The antenna can handle 25 watts of power, requires no external tuning and is designed as a drop on replacement for AT1108/37R-2U types but having greater isolation between bands and better omni-directivity.
This dual band antenna is suited to military and civil aircraft applications where its rugged design ensures reliability in world wide conditions of service at speeds up to Mach 0.95.
The radiating element is DC grounded for static protection.
- High Strength
- High isolation between VHF and UHF outputs
- Fully Foamed for High Environmental Integrity
- Aluminum Alloy Retaining Collar Accepts High Side Loading
- Drop-on Replacement for AT-1108, 37R-2U and Chelton 12-17-4
- Designed to MIL-STD-810
- Excellent omnidirectional azimuth pattern
|Frequency||116-174 MHz (VHF) & 225 - 512 MHz (UHF)|
0 dBi average VHF
+2 dBi average UHF
≤ 2.5 VHF
≤ 2.25 UHF (2.5:1 460-512 MHz)
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
|Power||25 Watts CW|
|Radiation Pattern||Azimuth : Omni-directional Elevation : Similar to stub|
|Antenna RF Connector||
TNC Female UHF
BNC Female VHF
|Antenna Shell Type||High density foam filled epoxy/fiberglass shell set in aluminum alloy base collar|
|Height||14.65 inches max (372mm)|
|Weight||4.0 lbs max (1.82kg)|
|Side Loading||≥ 8 psi ultimate|
|Base Plate Shape||Tear drop|
|Fixing Holes||6 x Ø 0.234 inches (5.9mm) holes, counter bored top side Ø 0.39 inches (9.9mm)|
- Urethane Lusterless Black Standard
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.