Broadband Airborne Blade Antenna
30 to 512 MHz
The 21-50-98 is vertically polarized, omni-directional antenna, compatible with all popular airborne radios operating within the 30 to 512 MHz frequency range. The antenna can handle 100 Watts of power, requires no external tuning and is designed as an extended frequency coverage replacement for AS3191 to operate with latest JTRS radios.
This wideband multifunction antenna developed by Cooper Antennas Ltd is particularly suited to tactical military communications. Rugged design ensures reliability in world wide conditions of service on aircraft operating at speeds up to Mach 0.95.
Use of a surface deposited radiating element optimizes efficiency and the radiating element is DC grounded for static protection.
- High Strength
- Frequency Selective Passive Matching Network
- Fully Foamed for High Environmental Integrity
- Aluminum Alloy Retaining Collar Accepts High Side Loading
- Designed to MIL-DTL-85670B Specification
- Drop-on Replacement for AT-1108 and AS3191
- Complies with MIL-STD-810
- Meets Lightning protection requirements of AS3191
30 - 88 MHz,
108 - 174 MHz
225 - 512 MHz
-22.5 dBi @ 30 MHz rising approximately linearly to +4 dBi @ 512 MHz
Gain is equal or better than AS3191 as defined in MIL-DTL-85670B
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
50 Watts CW VHF
100 Watts CW UHF
Azimuth : Omni-directional
Elevation : As stub
|Antenna RF Connector||
|Antenna Shell Type||High density foam filled epoxy/fiber glass shell set in aluminum alloy base collar|
|Height||14.65 inches (372mm) max|
|Weight||3.5 lbs (1.6kg)|
|Side Loading||≥ 8 psi ultimate|
|Base Plate Shape||Tear drop|
|Fixing Holes||6 x Ø 0.234 inches (5.9mm) holes, counter bored top side Ø 0.39 inches (9.9mm)|
- Antenna - Urethane Black
- Baseplate - Unpainted
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.