VOR/Localiser Balanced Loop Antenna
108 to 118 MHz
The 21-20-14 is an airborne “split half” balanced loop VOR/Localiser antenna intended for helicopter and light aircraft operating up to 350 knots EAS. Installation requires one half loop being fitted on each side of a helicopter tail cone or aircraft vertical stabilizer, connected via the phase-matched harness supplied. Construction uses high integrity aluminum alloy and high strength glass-epoxy tubes with internal low loss matching. Each complete half loop is filled with high density foam to exclude moisture and enhance environmental performance.
- Horizontal Polarization.
- Balanced Loop minimizes vertical polarization response.
- Improved rejection of Helicopter rotor modulation.
- Rugged aluminum alloy construction.
- Excellent Gain for maximum range.
- Designed to MIL-STD-810 environment.
|Frequency||108 - 118 MHz|
|Gain (typical)||0 dBi nominal|
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
|Cable Harness length||45 inches nominal|
|Antenna RF Connector||
TNC Female (on half loops)
TNC Male (on cable harness)
|Half loop Dimensions|
|Height||8.7 inches (221mm)|
|Length||17.0 inches (432mm)|
|Weight||2 lbs (0.91kg)|
|Base Plate Shape||Round (x4)|
|Fixing Holes (on each of 4 feet)||6 x Ø 0.201 inch holes on 2.312 PCD|
- Urethane Lusterless Black
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.