UHF/L-Band Airborne Blade Antenna
225 to 400 MHz & 950 to 1220 MHz
The 21-50-06 is a high performance combined UHF/L-band airborne blade antenna suitable for aircraft operating in excess of Mach 2. It is also ideal for use on aircraft subjected to roughrunway operation where both a protective leading edge strip and the solid aluminum alloy base block protect against debris impact.
Construction is from a one piece fiberglass blade molding intimately bonded into an aluminum alloy base block which houses the matching circuits and provides for very solid attachment to airframe via 10 fixing holes drilled to the same pattern as the 5985-00-009-7635 antenna.
Radiating elements are surface deposited silvery epoxy shaped in such a way as to produce minimum VSWR in both UHF and L-band and also to optimize radiation pattern at L-band where the antenna would otherwise be electrically too long.
The antenna assembly is sealed by closed cell foam and finished in a Flat Black paint.
The 21-50-06 can be used with CAL diplexer P/N 21-80-06 as well as EDO DMFM34 series.
- Covers standard UHF Com, TACAN, IFF Bands
- High Isolation provided by external diplexer
- High Strength Composite Blade with Aluminum Alloy Base Block
- Low Side Area, Low Drag
- Leading Edge Protection for Rough Field Operation
- Single ‘SC’ Type Connector
- Drop-on replacement for NSN 5985-00-009-7635
- Meets Lightning Strike Criteria of AS-3191
- Environmental Performance to MIL-STD-810, MIL-E-5400
UHF : 225 to 400 MHz
L-Band : 950 to 1220 MHz
UHF : with in 0.75dB of λ/4 stub
L-Band : with in 0.75dB of λ/4 stub
UHF : 225 - 275 MHz ≤ 2.2:1 275 - 400 MHz ≤ 2.0:1
L-Band : 950-1220 MHz ≤ 2.0:1
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
UHF : 50 Watts CW
L-Band : 100 Watts average 2 KWatts Peak
|Polarization||Vertical (when mounted vertically)|
|Radiation Pattern||Omni directional in azimuth plane to ± 1 dB|
|Antenna RF Connector||SC Female|
|Antenna Shell Type||Epoxy/fiber glass blade in aluminum alloy base collar|
|Height||9 inches (229mm)|
|Weight||1.5 lbs (0.68kg)|
|Side Loading||≥ 8 psi ultimate|
|Base Plate Shape||Oval shape|
|Fixing Holes||10 x Ø 0.196 inch (4.98mm) holes, counter sunk 100°|
- Flat Balack
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.