Tri-Band ELT Antenna
121.5, 243 and 406 MHz
The 21-50-42 is an externally mounted airborne VHF/UHF antenna operating at the three primary distress frequencies.
A fiberglass rod with an internal element is fitted into an aluminum base which contains foamed-in place matching circuits capable of handling up to 25 Watts power.
The method of construction provides protection from world-wide military environmental conditions including vibration, shock and temperature variations.
- Covers 121.5, 243 and 406 MHz without tuning
- Very lightweight
- For helicopter and fixed wing aircraft up to 350 Knots
- Glass/Epoxy – Aluminum construction
- Small footprint
- Meets AS3191 lightning requirements
- Designed to DO 160 Environmental conditions
|Frequency||121.5, 243 and 406 MHz|
+ 2dBi (UHF)
- 5dBi (VHF)
2.0:1 max @ 121.5 and 243 MHz
1.5:1 max @ 406 MHz
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
|Radiation Pattern||Nominally omni directional in azimuth plane|
|Antenna RF Connector||BNC Female|
|Antenna Shell Type||Fiberglass whip/ Aluminum base|
|Height||15.5 inches (394mm)|
|Weight||0.45 lb (0.20kg)|
|Base Plate Shape||Tear drop|
|Fixing Holes||4 x Ø 0.170 inches (4.3mm) ±0.005 inches (0.127mm) holes, counter sunk at 100° Ø 0.325 inches (8.1mm).|
- Urethane Lusterless Black Standard
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.