Semi Conformal Tuned VHF/UHF Antenna
30 to 600 MHz
The 21-160-10 represents the latest in tuneable antenna technology and provides extremely wide bandwidth for Line of Sight (LOS) communications in an ultra low profile design.
Specially shaped radiating elements are tuned by a multiplicity of reactive components by high power p-i-n diodes which in turn are fast-tuned by digital command and thus compatible with latest frequency agile systems.
The antenna tuning modules are located in an aluminum cavity which recesses 3 inches below aircraft skin line and requires an 8 inch square cutout in the skin. The external portion of the antenna is less than 3 inches height and is environmentally sealed within a glass epoxy radome.
Digital tuning commands (20 lines) are provided by a separate logic converter unit that uses latest FPGA technology and can be interfaced with latest generation, wide band transceivers.
- Ultra Low profile - less than 3” Height
- Digital (fast) Tuning for Frequency hopping
- Comparable SINCGARS Gain to AS-3191
- UHF LOS gain +1dBi, includes EPLRS
- Designed to MIL-STD-810
- Separate Logic Converter Units available for latest generation Software Defined Radios as well as current ARC201, ARC210 and ARC231
|Frequency||30 - 600 MHz|
118-174MHz -8dBi average
225-600MHz +1dBi average
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
25 Watts CW VHF
50 Watts CW UHF
|Radiation||Nominally omni-directional in azimuth, Elevation -see graph|
|Tuning Control||Via separate Logic Converter Unit (LCU) on 20 switch lines|
|Power Supply||28V DC, 1A max. (via LCU)|
|Tuning Time||60 µ seconds|
|Dimensions||12 inches (309mm) x 12 (309mm) inches square + 0.5 inch (13mm) fixing flange|
|Height (above skin)||2.9 inches (74mm)|
|Depth (below skin)||3 inches (76mm)|
5lbs (2.7kg) max (antenna only)
2.2lbs 0.9kg max (LCU)
- Urethane Lusterless Black
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.