TACAN/IFF DIPOLE ANTENNA
960 MHz to 1216 MHz
The 21-40-10 is a small diameter airborne L-Band dipole antenna, principally intended for helicopters installations where its broad elevation beam provides excellent omni-directional radiation coverage.
Designed as an end fed “bazooka” dipole, the antenna uses a lightweight fiberglass body with foamed-in-place feed network and an aluminum alloy structural radiating element. The element is directly grounded to provide lightning protection. Being a dipole, the antenna is largely independent of the shape and size of surface upon which it is mounted.
The antenna is secured to the airframe with 4 8-36 UNF countersunk screws.
- Small cross-sectional profile
- Designed to MIL-STD-810 environmental requirements
- Excellent IFF and Tacan (LINK16) radiation patterns
- Fully environmentally sealed
- N-type female connector
- Designed for Helicopter Installations
- Radiation pattern relatively independent of ground plane
|Frequency||960 to 1216 MHz|
|Gain||Typically +2 dBi|
≤ 1.5:1 1030 & 1090 MHz
≤ 2:1 960 - 1216 MHz
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
|Power||100 Watts max|
|Radiation||Omni-directional in azimuth, similar to λ/4 monopole in elevation.|
|Antenna RF Connector||N Female|
|Operational Temperature||-54°C to +70°C|
|Height||6.6 inches (168mm)|
|Element Diameter||0.71 inches (18mm)|
|Diameter of fixing plate||1.85 inches (47mm)|
|Weight||0.4 lbs (0.18kg)|
- Urethane Lusterless Black
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.