ELT Airborne Blade Antenna
121.5, 243 and 406 MHz
The 21-50-40 is a high performance V/UHF airborne three frequency ELT blade antenna suitable for aircraft installation.
Construction is from a one piece glass loaded thermoplastic blade molding intimately bonded into an aluminum alloy base block which houses the matching circuits and provides for very solid attachment to the airframe via 6 fixing holes drilled to the same pattern as the AT-256 UHF antenna.
The metal base block also enables the 21-50-40 to meet the lightning protection requirements of AS-3191/A.
Internal radiating element are shaped in such a way as to produce minimum VSWR and also to optimize radiation. The antenna assembly is sealed by closed cell foam and finished in lusterless black or grey urethane paint.
- Covers 121.5, 243 and 406 MHz without tuning
- High Strength Composite Blade with Aluminum Alloy Base Block
- Low Side Area, Low Drag Single TNC Type Connector
- Meets Lightning Strike Criteria of AS-3191
- Environmental Performance to MIL-STD-810
|Frequency||121.5, 243 and 406 MHz|
+ 2dBi (UHF)
- 2dBi (VHF)
2.0:1 max @ 121.5 and 243 MHz
1.5:1 max @ 406 MHz
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
|Power||25 Watts CW|
|Polarization||Essentially Vertical (when mounted vertically)|
|Radiation Pattern||Nominally omni directional in azimuth plane|
|Antenna RF Connector||TNC Female|
|Antenna Shell Type||Thermoplastic/glass blade in aluminum alloy base collar|
|Height||9 inches (229mm)|
|Weight||2 lbs approx. (0.9kg)|
|Base Plate Shape||Diamond shape|
|Fixing Holes||6 x Ø 0.203 inch (5.2mm) holes, counter bored Ø 0.43 inches (10.9mm)|
- Urethane Lusterless Black Standard
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.