Combined VHF/L-Band Antenna for Supersonic Aircraft
116 MHz to 174 MHz 960 MHz to 1220 MHz
The 21-50-132 is a high performance combined VHF/L-band antenna designed to operate over the bands 116 - 174 MHz and 960 - 1220 MHz and is intended for use in supersonic airborne applications.
The 21-50-132 is configured as a broadband radiating element with frequency dependant reactive and resistive loading to optimise gain and ensure VSWR compliance. The matched radiating structure is fed via a VHF/L-band diplexer contained in a sealed aluminum base block to provide 50 dB of isolation between the two bands.
The 21-50-132 comprises a high strength, high temperature, pressure moulded CE9000 (per FMS1023) composite blade of aerofoil section which supports the radiating element. This is mounted on an aluminium alloy baseplate which houses the matching circuitry and supports the diplexer box with its integral coaxial connectors.
- High Strength blade for extreme vibration and side load acceptance
- Footprint compatible with existing VHF and UHF/L-band blades
- 50 dB isolation
- Covers IFF/JTIDS/MIDS/TACAN and VHF comms.
- Designed to meet MIL-STD-810 B environmental conditions for fighter aircraft
116 MHz to 174 MHz
960 MHz to 1220 MHz
116 MHz ≥ -13 dBi
130 MHz ≥ -8 dBi
150 MHz ≥ -3 dBi
174 MHz ≥ 0 dBi
960-1220 MHz ≥ +2dBi
≤ 2.5:1 VHF
≤ 2.0:1 960-1220 MHz
≤ 1.8:1 1020-1100 MHz
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
45 Watts CW max (VHF)
2KW peak, 100W ave. L-band
Predominantly vertical when mounted vertically
Essentially omni-directional in azimuth plane
|Antenna RF Connector||
TNC Female VHF
N type female L-band
|Height||9.5 inches max (242mm)|
|Weight||3.5 lbs (1.59kg)|
|Base Length||7.63 inches max (194mm)|
|Fixing Holes||8 x 0.208 inch (nom) diameter 100° countersunk|
- Antenna - Semi-gloss Grey to MIL-C-83286, Color FED-STD-595-26493
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.