Combined Passive/Digitally Tuned VHF/UHF & C/D Band Antenna
30 - 2000 MHz
This antenna provides exceptional gain via a digitally tuned element in the 30-174 MHz band combined with a wide band passive UHF - L/C/D band element. The elements are co-located within a single, high strength fiberglass radome. Unique radiating element design allows simultaneous operation of VHF/UHF and L/C/D bands by the use of external diplexers (available separately) which can thus provide Link-16, TACAN, IFF/ADS-B, SRW, WNW and future data link capabilities.
Many years of experience in designing solid-state tuned antennas has enabled CAL’s team to provide the ultimate in performance and reliability for a frequency agile airborne blade. Close attention to environmental and EMI design considerations combined with latest composites structural technology makes the 21-150-16 suitable for helicopters and subsonic aircraft. The separate logic converter unit combines flash memory technology with MIL spec’d power supply in a MIL-STD-461 compliant package. LCU’s can be provided for most current generation digital transceivers which should be specified when ordering.
- Frequency Hopping - fast tune Capability and increased radiation efficiency
- Tuning Controlled by Separate Logic Control Units (LCU’s) compatible with latest generation multi-mode radios
- SINCGARS, HAVEQUICK, EPLRS, Link 16, TACAN/IFF, ADS-B, SRW and WNW Coverage
- Designed to MIL-STD-810 Environmental conditions
- Suitable for helicopter and subsonic aircraft
≥ - 6 dBi (30 MHz) rising to ≥ +1 (174 MHz)
≥ +2 dBi average (225-500MHz)
≥ +1 dBi average (501-900/960-1220/1280-2000 MHz)
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
35 Watts VHF
50 Watts UHF (225-900 MHz)
200 Watts , 2 kW peak L/C/D band (960-1220/1280-2000 MHz)
|Tuning Time||Less than 60µ seconds|
|Polarization||Vertical (when vertically mounted)|
|Antenna RF Connector||N Type Female|
|DC Connector||PTO2 12-10P|
|Height||14 inches max|
Antenna 5.5 lbs
|Fixing Holes||Suitable for 8 x 10:32 UNF or similar|
|Temperature||-54ºC to +80ºC|
|Operating Speed||Up to Mach 0.95|
- Antenna - Lusterless Black
- Base Plate - Unpainted
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.