C/D/E Band Airborne Blade Antenna
700 to 2700 MHz
The 21-40-49 is an extended frequency C/D/E (L-Band) airborne blade antenna designed for high performance aircraft and covering data link as well as TACAN and IFF frequencies. It is a direct footprint replacement for AT256 UHF Blade antennas. Electrical design is based on a 2-dimensional, discone which is of high efficiency and provides nearly omnidirectional azimuthal radiation.
Mechanical design uses an advanced, glass-loaded thermoplastic radome with an integral radiating element, all foamed-in-place for structural and environmental integrity.
The blade has an aluminum alloy base plate with a centrally mounted, N-type female coaxial connector.
- Covers LINK 16, IFF, TACAN, JTIDS & other Data Links
- Low profile, diamond shaped blade
- Designed to meet MIL-STD-810
- Fully Environmentally sealed
- Grounded for lightning protection
- Lossless matching - high RF efficiency
- Omnidirectional radiation pattern
|Frequency||700 - 2700 MHz|
|Gain (average)||+2 dBi|
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
|Power||200 Watts CW, 2k Watts peak|
|Radiation||Nominally omni-directional in azimuth, similar to stub in elevation|
|Antenna RF Connector||N Female|
|Element Height||2.8 inches (71 mm)|
|Weight||0.44 lbs (0.2kg) max|
|Fixing Holes||6 x Ø 0.203 inch (5.2mm) holes, counter bored Ø 0.43 inch (10.9mm)|
|Gasket (sold separately)||Part number 69-40-49|
- Urethane Lusterless Black
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.