Spring Mounted VHF/UHF Sincgars/EPLRS Antenna
30-88 MHz & 225-450 MHz
The 20-20-13 is a vertically polarized, omni-directional VHF/UHF antenna. It is compatible with all popular military radios operating in the 30 to 88 MHz and 225 to 450 MHz frequency ranges. The antenna can handle 100 Watts of power, has separate VHF and UHF coaxial connectors and requires no external tuning.
Radiating elements comprise a UHF dipole integrated into a VHF monopole and are totally encased in high strength fiberglass tubing which provides insulation in the event of accidental contact with 10kV RMS (minimum) high voltage power lines. The antenna is designed to provide peak radiation near to the horizon.
Where simultaneous VHF/UHF operation is required, use of dual in line filter, Part No. 21-80-12 is recommended to increase isolation to a minimum of 50dB.
The antenna is a member of a family of quickly deployed lightweight antennas developed by Cooper Antennas for tactical military communications. Rugged design ensures reliability in arctic, jungle or equatorial desert environments. The antenna is spring mounted for vehicular use and has a mounting base compatible with standard CECOM mounting brackets, having four 7/16 inch dia. holes on a 4.5 inch circle. It is especially well suited to special mission applications.
- Joint Electronics Type Designation System AS-4697/VRC
- UHF Dipole Element is ground plane independent
- Spring mounted - can be tied down for stowage
- Fits standard CECOM 4 hole mount
- Robust Construction
- Designed to sustain 25 mph “Oak Beam” Test
- 100 Watts CW Power
- Omni-directional Pattern in azimuth
- Complies with MIL-STD-810 Environmental and MIL-S-901 shock
- DC Grounded Element with at least 10kV high voltage protection
(at horizon on 4’x 4’ ground plane )
-6 to -2.5dBi (30-88 MHz)
≥ 0dBi (225-400 MHz)
≥ -1dBi (401-450 MHz)
≤ 3.0:1 VHF
≤ 2.5:1 UHF
20dB typ. VHF
30dB min UHF
|Impedance (nominal)||50 Ohms|
|Power||50 Watts CW|
|Radiation||Omni directional in azimuth plane|
|Antenna RF Connector||
BNC Female (VHF)
N Male (UHF)
|Overall Height from moun||72 inches (1829mm)|
|Weight||7.7 lbs max (3.49kg)|
|Element Diameter||2.25 inches (57mm) (over entire length)|
|Operational Temperature||-51°C to +71°C|
- Antenna - MIL-DTL-14072E(CR), MIL-DTL-53039, 383 GREEN
- Other finish options are available.
- Please specify finish required when ordering.